Saturday, December 22, 2007

On a Whim

Decided to cook all of a sudden on Thursday. Had no plans because it was family day for my sister and I haven't cooked in awhile. On the menu was Skillet Sutchi with Fettucine Pomodoro. English: Pan fried fish fillet with pasta in tomato sauce. I actually wanted to try making Spaghetti Aglio Olio but I had no garlic at home. I mean, which household doesn't have garlic?! Such a taboo for domestic goddesses! I had brought them to my parents' place and forgot to take them back.
So anyway, I had to do some crisis management and the contingency was the aforementioned dish. Since it was on a whim, I used whatever I had at home. Bottled herbs (all purpose, thyme) and spices (black pepper, paprika) to marinate the fish (which was frozen), and lazy left over bottled pasta sauce for the fettucine (spinach, by the way). I must say it was pretty decent. The Housemate looked on with envy, not that I didn't offer.

I am looking forward to experimenting more with frozen sutchi fillet. Another taboo perhaps? But it is really quite convenient. Definitely recommend to buy some for random I-feel-like-cooking-today moments.

No comments: