Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ding Dong Bells

I was a frump yesterday. I put on a few outfits (that looked good only in my head) and ended up looking like a slob. I didn't care anymore so I went to work in a black tank top and aladdin-like calf length pants. I had almost no make up on; just filled in my brows. I dragged my heavy shoulders and legs to the office. The day passed super slowly and each time I checked the clock, only 10 minutes had passed. I had nothing to do at work, which made me question why I was even at work. Even today.

Desperate for clothes that fit and possibly flatter, I tried on my sister's maternity and non-maternity, maternity clothes later that night. I was pleased to be able to wear most of the bottoms because I cannot fit into any of mine anymore. Most of the dresses fit too but I felt a little embarrassed because these were the same dresses she wore when she was probably 6 or 7 months pregnant. I am only 12 weeks. If I don't wear those clothes now, I won't be able to contain my boobs in them later.

As I looked at myself in a maternity dress, bells went off in head telling me, "OH. MY. GOD. I. AM. PREGNANT." I could get used to this.

No comments: