Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Willy Wonka

Yesterday was my First Trimester Pregnancy Screen. I had four tubes of blood drawn from me and the procedure felt like it was going on forever. A list of things will be tested with my blood along with my urine sample.

The baby has grown twice in size now! He is 6.62cm and really fidgety. When the image of the baby appeared on the screen, I let out a soft "oh!" because it is so amazing to see how much he has grown from 3 weeks ago.



The doctor checked his neck fat, nasal bone and location of the umbilical cord. All these were markers for down syndrome and all was normal. At one point he stretched his legs out and maximised the entire space in the sac. What a funny sight because his legs were really skinny! He has a big head and tummy now. Much like his father. :P

You should notice by now that I have dropped the "his/her" and "he/she". Just check out this picture, where the arrow is pointing at a 60% chance of a Seth / Luke / Dean. It a little hard to see, so some imagination really helps.

No comments: