Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1 + 1 = 2

Wow. It has been a year since my last entry! And what a way to kickstart this journal with an awesome announcement.

I AM PREGNANT!

I found out on a Wednesday night, the 12th of August 2009. I was late. And I know, I'm always late but this time it felt different. So I got The Husband to buy a pee stick. I admit I could not wait to get home to test it. I was a bunch of nerves because I was afraid it might be a false alarm. Weird, but it was then I knew that I wanted a family.

I shouted and cried when I saw the positive come on.

The first person I called to share the news with was Kim. It must have been weird for her. Because it was totally weird for me. I called my sister the next day and she screamed and shouted like a mad woman. But in a affectionate way. She was way more excited than I am. And still is.
The next few days were the longest days ever. My company event was on and I was on my feet all day. I was exhausted and emotional. Upset that I had to carry cartons but could not tell anyone that I shouldn't actually. All I could think of was the baby. I wished I could tell EVERYONE. Even random strangers.

Finally the event ended and I went for the first check up. "So this is how it feels like", I thought as I saw the ultrasound scan. I fought back tears as I saw the tiniest heart beating. 5 weeks 5 days and only 0.24cm long.

It is completely surreal. I never ever thought of a day like this. To think that a little life is growing in me. I'm going to be a mother. I feel so grown up!

No comments: