Tuesday, March 16, 2010

P.S. See you soon!

Last week I suggested to my mother and sister that we lunch at P.S Cafe (formerly known as Project Shop Cafe) before embarking on some baby shopping. Although they have changed their name to the same as the one at Dempsey and Palais Renaissance, I was pleased to find out that the menu remained the more casual one. Although we don't go very often, The Husband and I always have a good time trying their interesting specials. But this time, we ordered from the menu the familiar Laksa Pesto Pasta and tried the P.S Burger Club. I was smittened. It could probably be the best burger (aside from the Wild Rocket Burger at Relish) I have ever tasted! It was served on a kind of turkish flat bread sliced and presented with a large wooden skewer poked through. It was really tasty and it came with a side of the most yummy mayonnaise dip that had a citrus note (I believe its kaffir lime) to it. The fact that a flat bread was used made it great to handle with hands which, isn't that what a burger is all about?


Not being able to forget the taste, I asked The Husband to take me there again on Saturday and we both ordered the burger and House Salad to share. I was doubly smittened this time! The salad was a delicious combination of roasted mushrooms, baby spinach and tomatoes tossed in a balsamic dressing with fresh dill and basil (score!), topped with sweet golden raisins. My taste buds were joyfully tickled by the sweetness of the raisins and the tangy balsamic vinegar.


Oh now I cannot wait to go back for more! Perhaps I will cajole my mother and sister into lunching there again this Thursday before my check up. Who cares about the scales now!

No comments: