Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Celebrating

The first entry here was 9 months ago. I actually thought it'll be the last as well. But I am motivated today (thanks auntiead!) to keep this going for as long as I can. So to kick things off, I shall start by sharing on a small celebration I had with The Husband recently for our FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. It was not so long ago that we exchanged vows; the memories are still fresh and I still can't help gushing about it. I want to do it all over again. Call me psycho, but I would get married again in a heartbeat. Only to The Husband, of course. 

Anyway, The Husband took me to a nice restaurant at Duxton Hill, without first throwing me a red herring. You see, before we got married, we've always celebrated our anniversaries at another restaurant at Duxton Hill. I was excited, as the sticky date pudding there is to die for. But, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the other Duxton Hill restaurant also doubles up at an art gallery with some great pieces by a famous Indian artist.

The Husband had made arrangements and we were seated at a very private corner of the restaurant, which was good since it's been a while since we had a "romantic" dinner like this. We ordered the set dinner and the menu went something like this:


Appetiser (on the house)
Seared cube of tuna and grilled cube of lamb on a bed of apple sauce. Not a fan or either but tried the tuna and promptly offered The Husband the lamb.




Soup
The set came with lobster bisque, which I don't fancy so I swapped for a mushroom soup made of salt. It was lip-shrivelling salty. 



Pan Seared Foie Gras with Banana coulis 
Hello heaven. Goodbye collar bone...







Scallop and King Prawn Risotto
Yum. But the scallop could've been a bit more grilled.







Ribeye steak with medley of vegetables
It was alright. Meat was a bit chewy though.







Flourless molten cake with Vanilla ice cream
Hello heaven. Goodbye waist...







Extremely sinful dinner. I loved how they combine bananas with the foie gras instead of the usual apples or pears. YUM. Sorry. Dessert was just too delicious. We might return to try the ala carte items. But I do hope to return to the "original" restaurant at Duxton Hill for a sticky date sometime soon.